Friday 30 March 2007

Thankyou Jesus

When watching this i cried, it hurt to see the suffering Jesus had to go through, being whipped, beaten and crucified, so that our sins could be forgiven. He knew what was going to happen, but He didn't try to stop it, it shows how much love He had for His father, when Jesus went to Gethsemane to pray, He asked God to take away the suffering that He knew He was going to go through, but He also said "not my will, but your will be done." It also shows how much He loved us, He was willing to die for us, not only so that our sins would be forgiven but so that the relationship with God, that was lost when sin first entered the world, would be regained.

I am so thankful that Jesus died for me and for the love that He has for me. I am really looking forward to being baptised, because it will show that i truly love Jesus and want Him in my life and that if there is something that God wants me to do, then i am so willing to do so.

THANKYOU JESUS!

7 comments:

Gill said...

Jesus is amazing, to think how much he suffered for us, and that was how it really happened on that first easter friday... thank you Jesus

everyone should watch it & weep

Anonymous said...

Oh My................. sigh

*sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

The Passion broke my heart and made it grow at the same time!

It kills to see those scenes and know that Jesus had to go through that for me, that he suffered for me, but at the same time, to know that someone loves me THAT much! It just fills me with love and gratitude!
(does that make sense?)

I loved it Iona! I can't wait to see you get baptized, it's gonna be an awesome day!
(and yay, I can comment!)

Anonymous said...

keep coming back and wondering if i can watch this or not.

Not yet...

Anonymous said...

It hurts to see the Passion...but it makes the reality of the cross so alive. Humbles me so...
I love your sensitivity Iona. Love you altogether! :) Keep on singing and acting and shining!...
I love the pic Christine took of you, a very close reflection of the beauty you are!

~*~*~ Iona ~*~*~ said...

thanks Fabienne

Cherie said...

LOOK....Do you see Him there?

He is being wounded in His hands for the wrong we've have done with our hands.

His feet are pierced because of the wrong places our feet have taken us.

He is wearing a crown of thorns because of the wrong thoughts we have cherished.

His heart is being broken because of the wrong loves we've had

LOOK!... There He is! Do you see Him there on the cross? He's our cure! Look, believe and live!