Friday 13 April 2007

Beauty

A memory, memories of days where i wouldn't eat anything and i would be so happy with myself, memories of days where i would eat and then hate myself for it. Memories of a time when i would wait for there to be no one home just so i could run to the toilet and be sick, make myself sick. Memories of the days where i would look in the mirror and see no point in the life of the person staring back at me, because she was so ugly and fat, i hated her. Memories of diary entries with different weights in, all normal healthy weights, but at the time it didn't seem like that. Memories of a bruised stomach from how angry what i looked liked made me feel (and no one ever noticed any of it). I used to look at an anorexic person and think that she was perfect and dreamed that i could be as thin as her........i'm glad i never was.
I used to hate the way i looked, but now i'm slowly beginning to like myself, although i can see signs of how i used to be coming back, so i need to try and stop that now. If you look in magazines today there are lots of women who are too thin, they're just making themselves ill, and that's no way to live. Everyone is beauiful, when i look at people who are enjoying themselves, enjoying their lives i can see the beauty shining from them. When i see Sarah singing, she is beautiful. When i see Christine taking photos, she is beautiful. When i see Jenna and Serena doing their dance, they are beautiful. Everyday, you see a lot of people and every single one of them are beautiful, but i bet hardly any of them no it. I wish that when anyone looks into a mirror they can go "hey, i'm beautiful" and really believe it.
Actually, get up out of your seat now and go to a mirror, look at yourself and say "i'm beautiful" go on!!! ......................................................................................... now everytime you look into a mirror, tell yourself you are beautiful, beacause you are!
God didn't make us all the same size and He created everyone of us how He wanted us to be, so there is nothing wrong with the way you look, if only everyone could believe that and just be happy with themselves.
In my school there are a group of girls who are like the 'popular' people, and it's weird in class when they're sitting there saying all the things that are wrong with them and the way they look, and i'm thinking "hello! you're so pretty, there's nothing wrong with you!" but i suppose people find it hard to see the beauty in themselves.
Watch this and remember YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!


5 comments:

Gill said...

thats very profound, and very moving because its so true..... you are one beautiful person iona.

you're inspiring me for the next 'daughters' meeting!

*sPARKLY~sARAH* said...

I love you Iona!

You know, back in the day, when I first saw you at one of our first (if not the first) jamming sessions we did, and Cherie brought you, and you were sitting on the couch, holding the music in yur hands and singing along, I thought you were one of the most beautiful girls I'd ever seen!

And no, I'm not just saying that cuz we're friends and I know you and blah, blah, blah! I mean it. You were and are beautiful, breath-taking, gorgeous, pretty, HOT!
And as I've gotten to know you, your beauty grows, everyday!
AND I thought you had the most fabulous hair ever! And now that you've cut it and it's this wicked brown colour, I like it even more!!!

Seriously, LOVE. YOUR. HAIR!
(this has turned into a novel, my bad!)

Anonymous said...

everytime i look at you you make me smile, and if i look at you and you are smiling... i've hit the jackpot.

~*~*~ Iona ~*~*~ said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. Psalm 45:11 NIV

How do we honor Our Lord when it comes to the issue of our beauty? We accept His words as the ultimate truth. He called your beauty enthralling do you dare call Him a liar? Will you be brave enough to receive His love? Let this vantage embrace you. Actually you cannot trust the mirror you are so much more than what you see!